1. Which insurances are accepted at POASA?
A: We currently accept:
• BCBS-OON Par Plan Contract
• Community First-Chip, Medicaid, HMO, PPO
• Multiplan Network
• Principal Life Insurance
• Superior HealthPlan-Chip, Medicaid
• Texas True Choice Network
• Traditional TX Medicaid *
• United Healthcare
* We do not accept new Medicaid patients unless they are first seen in the ER at Methodist Children’s Hospital.
2. What can I do if my insurance is not accepted at POASA?
A: POASA has many contracts with insurance companies. If you do not find your insurance plan on the list, you can call our billing office at (210) 692-1613 for options.
3. Am I responsible for charges not covered by the insurance company?
A: Yes, all charges not covered by insurance become your responsibility.
4. When are co-pays, coinsurance, and deductibles due?
A: Payments are collected at time of service.
5. What payment options are accepted at POASA?
A: We accept most major credit cards, including:
• American Express
6. When should I present proof of insurance?
A: You must present all proof of insurance coverage at time of appointment. Failure to do so may result in claims not filed to the insurance company, and you will be responsible for total charges.
7. Whom do I call for questions regarding my bill or insurance claim?
A: Please call the billing department at (210) 692-1613 to speak with our billing specialist.
8. Does POASA accept auto or third party insurance?
A: POASA does not accept auto or third party insurance as a form of payment. We will provide the information needed in order to file a claim.
9. How do I request an itemized statement?
A: If your insurance company requests an itemized statement, please download the appropriate form on the X-Ray and Medical/Billing Records Request page.
You may contact our billing specialist at (210) 692-1613 for further questions.